Sunday, September 25, 2016

Final Evaluation

My Reflection 

1. My favorite discoveries or exercises on this learning journey were finally learning how to make a Google Form. I can't believe that I had never taken the time to just explore and teach myself. It was so easy, but I always told myself it would be challenging. I also enjoyed Socrative, now I give my kids exit tickets and quizzes in there, and I love that they only have to remember 1 room name and use the same room name all year long. Image from nlwirth.com

2. These tools have assisted my learning goals for the better. I now don't have so much to grade, and I get instant feedback on the kids progress. You can also see the question analysis and instantly determine if I need to do a quick reteaching mini lesson the following day. 

3. There were several take-a-ways from the 16 Things exercises that surprised me, such as how easy a Google Form was to make, as well as the reminder to myself of all that the iTunes podcasts have to offer. I spend so much time searching for the perfect videos for my kids to view, and I totally forgot about the Kid2kid videos. I also really enjoy creating a blog and better understand how to embed videos in my post. 

4. I love the way this assignment was presented, because you modeled what you expected us to do. Often times, as educators, we list out our instructions for the students to follow, but for our visual learners that does not work very well. What a better way was it for us to not only see you using the tool but embedding the details within your posts. Awesome execution. This saved so much time. 

My next steps will be to...
maintain my blog as an educational journal
adding my blog URL to my e-mail signature line
sharing my blog with my colleagues and administrators

and to continue being a lifelong learner. 

No comments:

Post a Comment