Sunday, September 25, 2016

Thing #13

Using YouTube


I am already pretty familiar with using YouTube, but I used this opportunity to explore another video making web tool, Stupeflix. Stupeflix was so easy and after adding music, text and pictures, I was then able to upload my video to YouTube. I decided to look through my Shutterfly account, and I used pictures of my mom her last 4 years of life. I still miss her very much. See the video below. 

As far as using YouTube for educational purposes, I think that it has many advantages. I often assign my students videos from YouTube, to view and answer questions. The kids do not run into problems, on any device, watching YouTube videos, which I love. There are always issues with other website that run flash. I also think it's a good idea for the kids to upload their videos on YouTube so they can be accessible to other classmates. File sharing and posting is often an issue because the videos are too large to send and share, with YouTube, this would not be an issue. They would also be searchable and the students could create a portfolio with all of the videos they have created all year long. The possibilities are endless. 

No comments:

Post a Comment