Sunday, September 18, 2016

Thing #9

Online Productivity Tools

This school year our District has totally switched over to Office 365, so I am getting used to web-based word processing and using the other online office tools.  Zoho Docs (image courtesy of http://blog.sagitaz.com/rcarpetas-compartidas-compartir-archivos-y-colaboracion-en-equipo-facil-zoho-docs/) is pretty similar to office 365 and Google Drive. I appreciate that there are other options for creating presentations, documents, and spreadsheets for those who do not have access or do not want to purchase office software. I do think the sharing capabilities are pretty easy to use in Zoho and you can easily post your creation on your blog or in an e-mail. It was also pretty easy to upload existing documents into Zoho that you want to share and edit as a team. If our District did not have Office 365, I would use Zoho to work on team assessments. I also played with the survey options on Zoho since I just recently explored Google Forms. Zoho Survey and Google Forms are very similar, however I did not see the pre-loaded/created template options on Google Forms like those that are available on Zoho. Zoho Survey templates at least provides a skeleton that you can cut, paste and customize as you please. I think it is neat that you can also chat with group members of your various projects in instant messaging. I miss those days. I took some time to create an exit ticket that I plan on sharing with my team members. Click on link below to access.
Zoho Doc-Exit Ticket & Tweet

No comments:

Post a Comment