Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Thing #8

Quizzes & Assessment Tools


I am so glad that I dove into the online assessment tool exploration. I learned so much about creating quick assessments in both Google Forms and Socrative. I have the iPads checked out tomorrow, and will be able to incorporate both a quiz and exit ticket into my lesson on Speed. I will have the students review Speed, Velocity and Acceleration using the short answer questions I typed into the Google Form Document, and then at the end of class I will use the Speed Calculations Exit Ticket I created in Socrative. I even shared my knowledge with the Social Studies Department Chair across the hall. I also learned how to download a print version of the exit ticket for my students that need a hard copy. In the future, I want to create more quizzes (with more questions) and have the students play the race that will tap into their competitive side. I have always wanted to learn how to create surveys and forms in Google and I have finally learned. I love the capabilities for creating a spreadsheet with the results as well. I could even chose to use this an informal assessment to access prior knowledge, being that speed was previously taught in 6th grade (maybe I will do that next year with this same document). Below are two assessments that I created. I will also add that I currently use kahoot as an assessment tool and I put the students in teams, and have them compete with each other as test review.


No comments:

Post a Comment