Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Thing #7

Wikis

I explored a few Web 2.0 Wikis, specifically teacher Web 2.0 tools. I created a profile with Tracky, so I could understand it's uses a little better, and I am glad I did. I love the ability to connect.collaborate.share. It is a one stop shop where I am able to consolidate my projects (both personal and professional) in one place. I can chose to add people to certain projects and create groups or communities. It also let's you attach the digital files you may need to complete the task or share with others.



I also explored Imakiku (image below was a snapshot from their website video), and love the idea of taking a lecture to a whole new interactive level. This tool would allow me to communicate with my students in real time and get quick honest feedback that I can use immediately to create additional questions or extensions to my lesson. You can also create surveys for the students to complete at the end of the lesson, as a reflection piece. The only drawback was that it is free for only a trial period. I am not sure this is something I could afford, in addition to the other tools I incorporate into my teaching.

No comments:

Post a Comment