Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Thing #12

Discovering YouTube

 I have been using YouTube for years in my classroom. I use it for various different parts of the lesson cycle as well as for homework and practice. My classroom is a hybrid of a flipped classroom, and every week the students are assigned a snapshot assignment that almost always includes a video to view and answer questions/summarize for the upcoming lesson. I use a lot of YouTube videos because there is so much good material that is already created by other educators, or students like themselves. I do with they site had more search options that would allow you to filter out what you are looking for, or maybe even a place where only educators can share/sort videos by objective/lesson. I know the like button is there and you can add it to your favorites, but being able to see what other educators recommend on the site itself would be more beneficial. The subscription option only applies to one person/page, so I would like something more general. Sometimes I feel overwhelmed with everything that is out there, that it is hard to narrow it down to something concrete, accurate, and valuable. The video I choose below, is a video that reviews Newton's Laws of Motion. I plan on setting up a station on review day for the students to visit, answer a few questions, and reflect about.
I love how easy Blogger works with YouTube to embed my video in my post.

No comments:

Post a Comment