Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Thing #6

Image Generators

I explored 3 different Image Generators-Wowed, Wordsalad, and Phoetic. I enjoyed the image generators quite a bit, and am still thinking of ways to incorporate them in my lessons. Above are two that I created with Wowed (left) and Wordsalad (below).





I chose to manually enter my text because I wanted to create something I could display for a warm up in class today, since we are currently on our Force and Motion Unit. Since the students already have somewhat of an understanding, I could use this as an assessment tool and have them look at the image, and identify words that do not belong in the grouping, or are the least related to each other. I could also do the opposite, and have them pick 3 terms and ask them to explain the relationship between the terms. I also would like to use this for my next unit as a pre-assessment and have students brainstorm definitions, and synonyms for the new unit vocabulary list. This could create a visual image for the students and myself to see their prior knowledge and help me to identify any misconceptions.
I also explored BigHugeLabs and created a magazine cover for Newton's Laws. I will add this as a product option when the students complete their Newton's Laws Project.


No comments:

Post a Comment